Beta Test
Welcome, Guest 
Username Password
Forgot your password? Get a new one! 
Not a member? Sign up! 


Schadenfreude Studios > Pencil & Paper > Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)


ÂmesangThrough The Looking Glass
  May 25, 2011 6:08 AM | Post #31
has lost the game





fter securing her waterskin Den made her way to the coliseum, the roar of the crowds within making it nearly impossible to think; fortunately for herself she had already come to her decision, her thoughts focused solely on those whom ran the tournament and describe in full the markings upon the scroll, the location of its discovery, and the significance of everything. As she stopped to catch her breath and wet her tongue, she came to the sore realization that she might have been too late already, as the crowds outside of the arena were no less thick than the ones cheering on the competitors in the choice seats. Being engulfed within such a throng left her rather unnerved, but she put away her fear for a moment as she forced her way through, her fists clenched and her teeth gritted as the rage of being held back was beginning to swell within her. Only when she made her way to the very front did any sensation of calmness finally befall her, only to be taken from her moments later.

Standing before her was a sight that she did not expect. Twas a young woman, no older than herself, yet less visibly worn by travel or the terrors of the world. If anything, she appeared to bare the countenance of a noblewoman or a young maiden of the court, free of any foul mark or blemish. Yet despite all of this, the stranger and herself appeared eerily the same, sharing too strong of a resemblance to each other. Searching her mind she could find no memories of ever meeting such a person, but simply mused that, in such a large world filled with all sorts of people, that one was bound to share similarities with her. She took note that, like herself, the stranger was a warrior, armed with a longbow much like her own. The ranger, however, relied upon brute strength, her breastplate making it easier to take a beating while she poured all of her might into each swing of her greatsword; but the stranger appeared to focus more on agility, settling for studded leather while wielding a pair of… rapiers? This new woman could only be one of two things: incredibly skilled or incredibly foolish.

“N-No, I'm sorry… we still can't let you pass,” stuttered one of the guards, visibly blushing before the young woman in front of her. She looked upon the newcomer with a grim frown and a raised eyebrow, curious as to what she must have said to garner such a reaction. No, perhaps it was best not to wonder, as she forced a flood of foul thoughts out of her mind before opening the scroll and presenting the plans for the theft to the guards. “I do not seek free admission,” she spoke solemnly, ignoring the other woman for the time being. “I found this, within le forest shrine. They are plans to steal l'artifact that est this tournament's prize; I seek an audience with those 'om 'ave arranged l'event, less some doom befall us all.” The ranger prayed that the guards would understand her plea and grant her request, for at the moment the desires she had held for the tournament were the furthest thing from her mind. Unfortunately, this did not hold true for her thoughts of the other woman, who's bearing began to leave her in a feeling of uneasiness once again. Why did the woman's presence affect her so, and what would become of it?



GAME: Den shows the guards the scroll that describes the plan for the artifact's theft, making a Diplomacy check if need be.

Diplomacy: 1d20(18) – 2 = 16



URNOTE


ReverendRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  May 29, 2011 3:30 PM | Post #32
Goblin King




A masked woman wearing studied leather ran out the door interrupting Den in mid sentence and fairly nimbly made her way through the crowd. The lady had long light brown hair that she wore in many breads.

Just a moment later a guard appeared with a limp and dripping with blood. He wheezed out with a pant "Stop her… She's got thee… artifact…"

The Guard that you where talking to took of to go after the masked woman, but his full-plate made it hard to maneuverer through the crowd. At this rate she'll escape; what will both of you do?

(As there is now two of you; if you wish not to do anything in reaction to a post or want to hold your turn please send me a private message.)



Don't blame me for what my minions have done. Blame yourself for being the target.


ÂmesangA Thief In The Night
  May 30, 2011 12:28 AM | Post #33
has lost the game





ervousness and apprehension soon left the ranger when, in mid-sentence, she was nearly shoved to the ground by yet another woman wearing studded leather, although bearing hair much unlike her own. This one was distinctively worn, her long, brown tresses decorated with many beads. Agility, too, appeared to be her mode of travel if not combat, as she deftly made her way through the crowd of people, slipping this way and that like a fish swimming in familiar waters. Turning her eyes away for but a moment the ranger continued her dialogue, her voice possessing a more noticeable intensity in its inflection than before. Indeed, her breath was leaving behind the hint that something was very amiss, that she had been visibly taken aback by the sudden intrusion by the earthen-haired woman, and her intuition soon rang true as another guard appeared after she spoke of the portent she feared were the artifact to fall into the wrong hands, even though she new nothing of its potential power.

“Stop her…” the guard wheezed out, panting heavily and dripping blood as he lumbered towards the three. “She's got thee… artifact…” The ranger quickly cursed her own stupidity and questioned her insight as she realized that not only had she been too late, but that she had allowed the thief to slip between her fingers. The guard whom she had been speaking to was already making his way through the crowds after the woman, but the curse of his platemaille had reared its ugly head. Trading in speed for defense he proved to be too slow to be of any use against such a nimble target, and without word or second thought she ran forward, drawing a dagger into one hand while clutching the scroll in her off. Had this been an open field, and had she realized the situation earlier, she might have been able to draw forth her bow and fire off a volley, but even with her skills as an archer she feared that her shots would not be precise enough to prevent injuring an innocent. No, she would have to track this woman like she did the feline, and although people and animals are vastly different, they are also prone to making the same mistakes.



GAME: Den runs after the thief; her base land speed is 20 ft. and can run four times that distance in a masterwork agile breastplate. She has Precise Shot if that counts for anything, and can draw her weapon as a free action as a part of movement. If she feels she can do so safely, she'll throw her dagger towards the thief, trying for a non-lethal wound (but…).

Dagger (ranged): 1d20(1) — FAIL

(It sucks, but I'm sticking with it… even if it does mean losing a dagger)



URNOTE


WarriorRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  June 4, 2011 3:23 AM | Post #34
Destrucity




I run up to the fleeing assailant and attempt to steel the
artifact and hide it… and then I trip and fall.

Man do I look like a klutz.

slight of hand roll 19 bonus 11 total of 30.



1)Physical, 2)Beliefs, 3)Moment of Mastery, 4)Attitude, 5)Commitment, 6)Association, 7)Integrity, 8)Wisdom


ReverendRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  June 5, 2011 5:55 AM | Post #35
Goblin King




Den started moving after the mysterious thief. Realizing that it would be difficult for her catch-up to her den went to throw her dagger. In mid throw her look alike charged past her; gently bumping into den's arm causing the dagger to fly in another direction. You hear a cat's load meow of pain in the direction that the dagger flew.

The look alike appeared to try to tackle the thief to the ground, but clumsily tripped instead.

Warrior, your character's sleight of Hand attempt successfully took and hid the artifact without the thief or the guards noticing.

The thief is still on the move.



Don't blame me for what my minions have done. Blame yourself for being the target.


ÂmesangThe Thrill Of The Hunt
  June 5, 2011 5:31 PM | Post #36
has lost the game





he shoulder blade, or perhaps the back of the knee? The ranger weighed her options as she chased after her prey, seeking an attack that would be non-lethal yet still disable the target; she needed this woman alive, to tell her and the authorities everything about the scroll and the theft. Who was she? Whom was she working for? What was the value of the artifact and why go through the effort of stealing it? Just as she had thrown her dagger, however, the other woman whom she had seen speaking with the guards rushed passed her, bumping into her arm at the most inopportune time. The dagger flew through the air with grace and speed, but missed her target by miles, the shriek of an injured feline revealing the outcome of its journey. Gritting her teeth she glared at the woman whom resembled herself, noting how clumsy she was as she had fallen upon the ground soon after attempting to tackle the thief. As much as she would like to let out her frustrations on the newcomer, however, the thief continued to get away.

Stuffing the scroll into her belt, the ranger pushed herself forward with all of her might, feeling the burn from her muscles all over her body as she drew her bow and arrow. Although she had failed with the dagger, her arrows could fly faster and further; a better choice once the crowd of townsfolk thinned out. In moments the world around her began to fade from her thoughts; her breathing became more steadied, her eyes focused solely on her target, and when her senses became more heightened, that was when she fully became aware of the peculiarity of the situation. The ranger was not one for justice, believing whole-heartily that the strong preying upon the weak had always been the way of things; only rarely did she aid another without thought of reward or payment. So why now, all of a sudden? Why was she so concerned about whose hands this artifact fell into, and the outcome of such an event? As long as no harm came upon her own being, why should she worry about a world she cared so little for? She had her woods, after all, and her strength; damn those whom could not cope with the end of all things.

Then again, who said she was concerned? She was no savior, no hero; her only intent this entire time had been to present the scroll to the proper authorities and let them deal with the situation, whether they possessed the ability to do so or not. Had the thief not made her presence known, than the ranger could very well have departed the scene with nary a second thought. Ah, but now a chase was underway, a voiceless challenge to the woman's skill. That was what pushed her forward, commanded the movement of her arm and intensified her thoughts.

The thrill of the hunt…



GAME: Den makes a Perception check as a reaction to the actions of Warrior's character. If the opportunity presents itself, she'll fire an arrow at the thief; I made a mistake last time, however, in that it would appear one can not inflict nonlethal damage using a lethal ranged weapon.

Perception: 1d20(13) + 8 = 21
Bow (attack): 1d20(16) + 7 = 23
Bow (damage): 1d8(4) + 4 = 8 (if successful)



URNOTE


WarriorRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  June 11, 2011 1:08 AM | Post #37
Destrucity




I get up and brush my self off and disappear into the crowd.

Krystal stealth 6/10/11 11+19



1)Physical, 2)Beliefs, 3)Moment of Mastery, 4)Attitude, 5)Commitment, 6)Association, 7)Integrity, 8)Wisdom


ReverendRe: Locair (Pathfinder Level 3)
  June 12, 2011 3:29 PM | Post #38
Goblin King




Krystal stealth 6/10/11 11+17=29 nice try Warrior. You didn't roll a 19.

A magical force deflects the arrow, causing it to strike the road in front of a winged, red kobold wearing full-plate and blue sunglasses. On his suit of armor there is a draconic holy symbol, and on his back is a tower shield.

Den's look alike skillfully blends to the crowd without the guards noticing.

The thief takes a right turn into an ally way.



Don't blame me for what my minions have done. Blame yourself for being the target.


KidakRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  June 15, 2011 1:32 AM | Post #39
Member




Reptar takes in the scene around him and decides to stop the fleeing woman and figure out the situation after so he hops into the air and try's to tackle the woman to the ground by flying at her legs at full speed.

he shout "Halt I am Reptar!" as he fly at her legs.

Trip roll (12)+6=18





ÂmesangAround The Bend
  June 17, 2011 8:44 PM | Post #40
has lost the game





eeling a sharp pang of anger strike her heart, the ranger questioned what her eyes told her. Why did her arrow not pierce her fleeing foe? Throughout her life she had experienced many a missed shot, either by aiming poorly or because her target dodged at the last, possible moment; but this was different. Staring straight ahead, her eyes focused entirely upon her foe, she knew she had struck true. All the same, the arrow was deflected away from the thief, plunging into the ground beside a creature she noticed out of the corner of her eye. It bore wings and crimson scales, reminiscent of the legendary dragons whom she had heard of in her youth, wearing the field plate armour and tower shield common to most knights. The blue-tinted spectacles adorning its face were quite the sight to behold, however, and its appearance nearly threw off her concentration as it took into the air with a great shout. Fortunately for herself, the creature appeared to be somewhat oblivious to her presence, charging towards the woman she herself was tracking who ducked into a nearby alley.

Stopping short of the corner the ranger took a moment to catch her breath and ready herself a second volley. This wasn't the first time she had found herself in a situation such as this, and she new better than to enter the lion's den unprepared less she be slaughtered by the unknown forces that inevitably awaited her. After all, all she had to do was step out into the open and be run in through with a sword or shot through the head with a bolt; if anything, she grew rather surprised that she hadn't been done in already. Unless that injured guard at the coliseum had warned the others she had to wonder how she had it made it this far, weapons drawn and fired, without the authorities taking her out. Lost within the moment, however, everything around her appeared all too quiet, and she forced such dread thoughts from her mind. It was just her and her prey now, and she would not let this moment pass without a fight. The authorities she could deal with later as she still possessed the scroll but, for now, it was time to swallow her fear and make her move.



GAME: Den makes a Stealth check to hide outside of the alley. If she spots the thief with a Perception check, she'll attempt to snipe at her with her bow.

Stealth: 1d20(16) + 6 = 22 (sniping)
Perception: 1d20(6) + 8 = 14
Bow (attack): 1d20(10) + 7 = 17
Bow (damage): 1d8(5) + 4 = 9 (if successful)
Stealth II: 1d20(2) + 6 – 20 = –12



URNOTE


 Page 12345678910 


Bulletin Board © 2010-2018 RJM Whittaker, Schadenfreude Studios
Original BBCode Parser © 2004-2018 Christian Seiler
Original BBCode Button System © 2005-2018 Jonathan Street

JavaScript must be enambled inorder to utilize the BBCode buttons
This forum uses cookies