Beta Test
Welcome, Guest 
Username Password
Forgot your password? Get a new one! 
Not a member? Sign up! 


Schadenfreude Studios > Pencil & Paper > Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)


WarriorRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  June 18, 2011 12:14 AM | Post #41
Destrucity




I sneak off and try to use the artifact.

stealth check 19+11=30

use magic device 7+12=19



1)Physical, 2)Beliefs, 3)Moment of Mastery, 4)Attitude, 5)Commitment, 6)Association, 7)Integrity, 8)Wisdom


ReverendRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  June 19, 2011 4:47 PM | Post #42
Goblin King




looking through this alley you can see the castle about four blocks away. It almost seems as though the thief was running there.

The thief barely avoided the trip attempt done by Reptar. As the thief avoided Reptar she noticed Den firing her arrow which this time scratched her studded leather as it flew by her chest. The arrow flew into and stuck in a door across the street from the alley's exit.

Krystal slips away unnoticed. Upon the attempt to use the artifact a demonic eye appeared in the amulet artifact's gem. It looked around before disappearing again. After the eye vanished the artifact released a weak shock. take 1 point of electricity damage. The amulet look like a vampires head with a blood red diamond crammed into its mouth.

Now that the crowd is in her way the thief sped-up taking a right turn disappearing from site around the corner.



Don't blame me for what my minions have done. Blame yourself for being the target.


KidakRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  June 21, 2011 12:01 AM | Post #43
Member




Reptar readjusts himself in flight to fly after the fleeing criminal and attempts to knock them down again.

"This is thy last warning to halt!"

trip attempt 18+6=24




ÂmesangA New Strategy
  June 21, 2011 7:15 AM | Post #44
has lost the game





erde. Once more the ranger whispered that word betwixt clenched teeth, disappointed yet again that she had failed to hit her mark. The deflection of her previous arrow from before was one tragedy that she had not expected yet could understand, for she mused that there were many strange forces in this world that could protect one from harm; yet this last strike, a mere grazing against the thief's armour, was an insult to her skills as an archer. Just who was this woman who could so deftly avoid her attacks, making her appear like a complete novice? As if her showing wasn't bad enough already, the thief once more blended into a large crowd, disappearing behind the next corner. Even she doubted her ability to track her through such a throng once they both became buried deep within, but she did keep her eye on her prey for as long as she might, noticing that her movements appeared to be focused upon the large structure several blocks ahead: the castle. That location would most seemingly be teeming with guards, hopefully one of whom had learned of the events that had transpired at the coliseum and would understand the significance of the scroll.

She was brought out of her contemplations by the shout of the winged-one, making yet another attempt at taking the thief down. At least one had not given up the pursuit, and its enthusiasm in the hunt shamed her and she knew it. The ranger was aware of her own limitations, however, and knew that biding one's time was often the better course of action than relying upon wasteful friction. Why continue a fruitless endeavor against a foe whom has show time and again quickness and agility far beyond her own? Why not, instead, track one's prey to its lair and ambush it when it least suspects it? Setting her bow and pack upon the ground, the hunter carefully placed the scroll into a safe compartment before taking out a piece of ordinary parchment, some cured tobacco, and her flint and steel. The habit may have been filthy, but it also served to focus her thoughts on the situation at hand, the smoke that soon filled her lungs letting some of the uneasiness wash away from her spirit. Letting out a steady stream of smoke and spitting out the tobacco on her tongue, she espied a door that sat upon the street opposite the alley, her arrow having sunk deep into it. Gathering up her weapons and gear, she made her way towards it in hopes that the arrow had remained intact and usable, before setting her sights on the castle ahead.



GAME: Den attempts to recover her spent arrow, then she heads towards the castle hoping to beat the thief there (if possible) or otherwise contact the guards and tell them of the theft using the scroll as evidence.



URNOTE


ReverendRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  June 21, 2011 5:00 PM | Post #45
Goblin King




Reptar flew around the corner looking for another attempt at the fleeing woman. The woman had vanished altogether almost like magic.

Den walks across the road to the door to try and fetch her arrow. The arrow seemed to be intact. Den worked the arrow out of the door finding that the arrows head was still lodged deep in the door.

Den started walking towards the castle. What does Reptar and Krystal do?



Don't blame me for what my minions have done. Blame yourself for being the target.


KidakRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  June 22, 2011 1:28 AM | Post #46
Member




Not being sure what was going on in the first place Reptar fly's back to were he saw the injured guard and try's to provide first aid.

heal 17+7=24




ÂmesangPeering Through The Veil
  June 23, 2011 6:52 PM | Post #47
has lost the game





ortune appeared to have been smiling upon her, for once. Her arrow was indeed intact, its masterwork quality showing fully through; yet perhaps it showed through a little too much, as the strength of her shot had embedded the arrow deeper into the thick, wooden door than she had expected. Whether it be due to the natural resilience of the door or her own phenomenal strength, the shaft broke cleanly from the head when she tried to wiggle it free. This turn of events was beginning to make her curse her desire for the best munitions available, for she possessed neither the skill nor the funds to replace all that she had lost. She could always hope for some spout of luck to see her to her lost dagger at the very least, but the reality of the situation only served to dampen her spirits further. Placing the shaft into her pack, she realized that she should be counting her blessings; had the thief chosen fight over flight, she might have found herself more in over her head then she was already in. Taking in a deep drag with a light cough, she forced her muscles to relax; the last thing she needed to do now was get overly excited about the prospective battles ahead.

Turning away from the door's new decoration and hoping that its owner was not at home, the ranger kneeled upon the ground just as the winged-one flew over head back from whence it came. Looking back at it for a moment, she found it to be a peculiar creature but she also envied its spirit and energy. Were all of his kind like that? Mulling it over, she looked on ahead towards the crowd that moved between the castle and herself. If she were the thief she would likely travel low to the ground so as to avoid being seen by any looking directly at the crowd; in which case, she might be able to spot the woman through the mass of bodies, even if doing so was far more difficult than peering through a group of heads. All she had to do was focus on the woman's appearance: long, light brown hair adorned with beads, studded leather armor, and a mask. She was beginning to wish that she had paid more attention to the markings left by the thief's tracks, but perhaps she would be able to overcome her own foolishness. Would the thief be charging forward as quickly as she may, or move at a more relaxed pace to better blend in with those around her? Letting the smoke out of her lungs she tapped the ground with a fingertip, an odd little quirk which always seemed to sooth her when on a serious hunt.

Making her way towards the castle and tracking her prey once more a twisted thought crossed her mind; if she were to toss a flask of alchemist's fire into the crowd, could she possibly strike the thief? The ranger knew better, of course, but she also knew that she was itching for a fight… a desire that was not so easily suppressed.



GAME: While heading towards the castle, Den tries to spot or search for the thief using Perception and then follow that by tracking her at half-speed with Survival.

Perception: 1d20(2) + 8 = 10
Survival: 1d20(6) + 10 = 16



URNOTE


ReverendRe: Peering Through The Veil
  June 25, 2011 4:00 AM | Post #48
Goblin King




Quote:


GAME: While heading towards the castle, Den tries to spot or search for the thief using Perception and then follow that by tracking her at half-speed with Survival.

Perception: 1d20(2) + 8 = 10
Survival: 1d20(6) + 10 = 16


Den slowly works her way to the castle castle looking for any trace of the woman. Looking around she noticed that many of the citizen has brown hair, but no ones adorned beads in their hair. In addition to that the ground was to hard and no one seemed to be leaving tracks. You do manage to find 2 empty potion bottles laying on the ground one had no label and the other was labeled "Invisibility".

Quote:
Not being sure what was going on in the first place Reptar fly's back to were he saw the injured guard and try's to provide first aid.

heal 17+7=24

Reptar reaches the guard and administers first aid closing the wounds. The guard thanked hreptar and asked him "What brings you to the city of Debolas? I don't recall us ever having a little dragon ever visit us before.



Don't blame me for what my minions have done. Blame yourself for being the target.


KidakRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  June 26, 2011 10:06 PM | Post #49
Member




Reptar smiles as the guard asks him what brought him to town and finishes tying off a bandage as he answers. "I merely go were my wings take me and try and help as many people as I can along the way." Reptar rose and asked the guard. "will thee need help getting to wherever thy needs to go?"




ÂmesangFool Me Once…
  June 27, 2011 6:28 AM | Post #50
has lost the game





ith each step she took the distance between herself and the castle looming overhead shortened, and yet she came no closer to apprehending the thief. In fact she began to growl under her breath as she realized just how unlucky she truly was in this endeavor. All around her were the people of Debolas; tall, short, thin, fat, young, old, man and woman alike… and most of all, the vast majority possessing hair that shone with the same earthen hues as the woman she was tracking. While looking up at each individual with her sharp eyes, however, and noting the wide variety of shapes and styles worn by the populace, she could not make out any whom had adorned her hair with beads. A storm of thoughts began to swirl around the ranger's head. Although the thief's hair color must certainly have been typical for their race, could she not indeed be a citizen of Debolas? Was it even her natural hair color, or even her natural hair? What were the significance of the beads, if any? When the mask was finally removed, could she expect the thief to alter her hair considering that it was in plain view?

Her mind becoming more and more clouded, the ranger turned her eyes downward towards the ground before her in an attempt to not only clear her head, but to find some trace of the thief's passage. Once more her heart sank, for the ground was far too hard to keep one's tracks; despite her senses, it appeared as if the mysterious woman had vanished into thin air, lost to her otherwise keen senses. Then, out of the corner of her eye, the ranger noticed two vials laying carelessly around, being kicked to and fro by the shuffling feet of the crowds. With deft movements she grabbed a hold of them with her bandage-covered left hand, before standing up straight so as to get a better view of them in the light of the Sun overhead. One vial was left bare of all but trace amounts of dirt and liquid; neither her knowledge of the overworld nor of the underworld would permit her to learn anything of its contents save the color and scent, neither of which served her any use. The other vial, much to her chagrin, was easily identifiable thanks to its label: “invisibility.” It took every last ounce of the ranger's self control not to crush the vials in her hardened grip.

“Chienne,” she growled lowly after removing the cigarette from her mouth, letting the hot smoke rush out of her lungs before taking in a long, deep breath of cool air. Her harried mind told her to laugh at the fact that she had been proven a fool, but her body could not acquiescence the command. Instead she settled on placing the burning stick back between her lips and slipping the vials into the same pocket that housed the scroll, before cracking her knuckles and glaring sternly upon the castle. Immediately a feeling of intense serenity befell her; the battle may have been over, but the war had only just begun, after all. Closing her eyes for a moment she tried her best to focus her hearing on any kind of noise that might sound peculiar; a misplaced footstep, the sound of a body carefully moving past another, an anxious heartbeat… anything that would seem out-of-the-ordinary. The woman could not put much stock into her own, human abilities, but as she slowly made her way towards the castle once more, she knew that she couldn't give up on hope just yet. At the very least, she would contemplate giving up on hunting the beasts of the wild for a time and learn to hunt the beasts amongst her own kind.



GAME: Continuing on towards the castle, Den tries her best to listen to the thief using Perception, despite the crowd of people all around her.

Perception: 1d20(6) + 8 = 14



URNOTE


 Page 12345678910 


Bulletin Board © 2010-2018 RJM Whittaker, Schadenfreude Studios
Original BBCode Parser © 2004-2018 Christian Seiler
Original BBCode Button System © 2005-2018 Jonathan Street

JavaScript must be enambled inorder to utilize the BBCode buttons
This forum uses cookies