Beta Test
Welcome, Guest 
Username Password
Forgot your password? Get a new one! 
Not a member? Sign up! 


Schadenfreude Studios > Pencil & Paper > Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)


ReverendRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  August 8, 2011 4:33 PM | Post #81
Goblin King




Den spots the window 90 feet away from your current location. You could climb down the wall, try to go down the stair case to your right that leads down into the wall, jump down from the wall, or you could walk along the wall looking for another way down to get to the castle.


As Reptar passes the sword he hears it fizzle out of the material plane. You travel ten feet forward and turn on to the path and walk another 10 feet straight a head you see what looks like an overly decorated shack 50 feet ahead.



Don't blame me for what my minions have done. Blame yourself for being the target.


KidakRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  August 8, 2011 9:31 PM | Post #82
Member




Reptar walks to the shack and opens it to head inside assuming that it is the place he is looking for.




ÂmesangSlow And Steady…
  August 9, 2011 7:12 PM | Post #83
has lost the game





t had taken considerable time for her mind to refocus upon the world around her, as the fearsome strength in her body gradually returned to her flesh and bones. The soothing aura that emanated from the greatsword in her hand continued to pulse gently, feeling more and more like a natural part of her own being despite the unusual nature of its sudden appearance and form. If the blade proved to be a boon to her fighting abilities, than she might have to consider selling the old sword that had served her well for so very long, for although it had saved her life more times than she could count she soon realized that the extra weight was too little too much; an unnecessary burden. Yes, much like in the wild the strong live and the weak die, for one had to rely solely on the strong, either in body or mind, to survive until the next generation; why waste time on a tool or weapon that was wholly outclassed by another? However a sudden fear soon gripped her heart, hardening her grim form; how would she now traverse the castle grounds without appearing more threatening than she already did? At least until this moment her previous sword had remained snug in its hilt, and as long as she didn't draw it she assumed she could put forth a guise of relative peace less anyone attempt to stand against her. Such a fear could easily be halted by simply abandoning her old sword here and now, but if she could do something more lucrative it would certainly be worth her wile.

Pausing a moment the ranger tried to collect her thoughts which appeared to become ever increasingly more difficult over the past, few hours. If any were to question her about this second blade she would answer truthfully, even if the facts were quite unbelievable. For the moment she would have to act as calmly as she could and stay her hand; so long as no one threatened her, she would have no reason to threaten anyone aside from the thief. Yes, she was still out there, and her constant musing of her thoughts was costing her valuable time. As she looked around the parapet she located the window that the figure had entered the castle through, and found a number of means for her own entry. Were she able to walk through the air itself she'd have been able to reach the window in only half a minute, but as she could not she looked over the most opportune passages. She could, perhaps, climb down the other side of the wall or even leap down with a careful jump; it would certainly be the fastest, albeit the most injurious. Turning her head to and fro she tried to espy as much of the parapet as she could, thinking there might have been some other means that wouldn't involve her landing on her head, however. It was when she looked to her right that she noticed a stairwell leading into the depths of the castle wall itself; no doubt it would be guarded, but much like her attempt at tracking the thief through the crowds she had to be thankful for the fact that she had not yet been found out and executed on sight.

Grasping the hilt of the new greatsword so that its blade rested below her hand she held the blade behind her, took in a deep breath, and stepped cautiously towards the stairwell, her steps slow and deliberate. Her armour and gear would make it most difficult to silence the sounds of her heavy boots, but if her rogue's luck were to continue she might be able to bypass any resistance before her. The ranger knew that this method would be slower, and losing track of the window more problematic, but she doubted that whomever that figure was he or she would not have stayed in that location for long. Who knows? She might be able to catch her prey somewhere in the middle, less she herself be caught in turn.



GAME: Den decides to descend down the stairwell, taking caution so as to not appear threatening (fat chance). As a full-round action Den makes two Stealth checks (two move actions), moving at half-speed (or up to 20 ft. total movement).

Stealth I: 1d20(10) + 6 = 16
Stealth II: 1d20(5) + 6 = 11



URNOTE


ReverendRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  August 11, 2011 4:10 PM | Post #84
Goblin King




Reptar opens the door and walks into the building. Once inside the building he notices that is indeed bigger than it looked from the outside. There are along the walls and rows of book shelves on the left and right. Each shelf was two stories tall with ladders to access books that are placed higher up. The room is easily 30 feet wide and 40 feet long.


Den makes it down to the next floor of the wall and so far no guards. Although she does hear voices heading her way.



Don't blame me for what my minions have done. Blame yourself for being the target.


ÂmesangLooking For Danger
  August 12, 2011 9:56 PM | Post #85
has lost the game





mongst the paranoid hunters of the world there was an old adage about it being quiet… too quiet. As cliché as that train of thought might have been, the ranger couldn't help but feel a growing sense of unease as she found her way down the stairwell to be far easier than she had expected. Where were the guards? Where was the obvious danger that she was throwing herself into? The elf and dwarf before the portcullis could not have been all that were required to keep the castle safe; unless their skills and abilities were a mere step below the gods even they could not defend every square inch of the stronghold. No, certainly a fearsome foe was waiting for her only a short distance away, read to pierce her heart with a well-aimed bolt. Although she knew well enough to always expect a trap right around the corner, she was reaching the point where she was wanting it, lusting for it, begging for something to happen. Where were the guards? Where was the danger? Where was the challenge?

She got what she wished for. Far off in the distance the ranger heard the sound of voices coming towards her. Obviously she could not be alone in the castle, such an idea would be utterly ludicrous. Even if in the back of her mind the dream of facing the thief alone in combat thrilled her, she tried to reason against her desire for battle that her prey likely had a contingency plan and that, were conflict to ensue, she would not make it out of this building without a scratch. Unfortunately it only served to heighten the passions within her heart, so she then tried to convince herself that, if she doesn't throw herself headlong into a needless battle, she may not die this day. Such thoughts would have to be saved for later, however, as the voices were steadily growing closer with each short breath she took. Quickly her eyes darted from wall to wall, looking for any object or deep shadow that she might be able to use to hide. If she were truly lucky, she might be able to keep herself from being spotted and perhaps even make out just what the voices were saying; yet to trust in such luck was a fool's hope, and the grip upon her new blade tightened as she tried desperately to steady her nerves and ready herself for the end.



GAME: Den takes a move action to search for a hiding place using Perception (at least I assume that qualifies as "intentionally searching for stimulus." If she is successful, she will attempt one Stealth check as a move action to reach the location as silently as she can and a second Stealth check to try and hide there.

Either way, she will use Perception to try and hear what the voices are saying.

Perception: 1d20(20) + 8 = 28
Stealth I: 1d20(18) + 6 = 24
Stealth II: 1d20(7) + 6 = 13
Perception II: 1d20(15) + 8 = 23



URNOTE


KidakRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  August 13, 2011 5:36 AM | Post #86
Member




Reptar looks around for something that will help him find what he is looking for.





perception 7+4=11




ReverendRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  August 18, 2011 4:19 PM | Post #87
Goblin King




Den notices a space under the stairs void of any light.Den quietly moves into the dark space and attempts to listen in to the voices that come ever closer.
"I can't believe that Captain Raish Vandecken left a little girl to take his place. I mean heck I could do a better job as captain then Veranda Qual."

"Leaving a girl to do a mans job is just despicable. Don't worry though her time will come before to long."

You see both guards walking and laughing into view.

"Wait a minute… Did you hear that?…"

The guards stop and take a quick glance at their surroundings.

"… I don't hear anything. Who would be dumb enough to attack a or infiltrate a castle. Plus nothing ever happens around here anyways."

"… I guess your right after all we took these jobs so we wouldn't have to do any real work after all."

The guards walk up the stairs and pretty soon the voices disappears in the distance.


After quick look around you notice the books are all in alphabetical order and separated into 4 sections: Poetry, Fantasy, Philosophy, and History. You also notice a door in the back.



Don't blame me for what my minions have done. Blame yourself for being the target.


ÂmesangConfirming Her Suspicions
  August 20, 2011 4:59 AM | Post #88
has lost the game





espite what the civilized folk of the world might think, cities were no different than the wilderness that surrounded them; there was always some dark, quiet place to hide in if one merely looked hard enough. From there a predator could lay in wait as its prey came into view, or the prey could rest and recover its strength before lashing out against its foe with a swift counterattack. That was precisely where the ranger had found herself, for out of the corner of her eye she discovered that the stairwell had been rather shallow, as a large space sat directly below the steps that perfectly blocked out any nearby light. With soft, slow movements she made her way into this little space, quickly becoming consumed by the deep shadows that rested within, and none too soon, either; the owners of the voices that she had heard had finally appeared before her, a pair of male guards. Sitting down upon the cool, hard floor, back pressed against the wall that rested beneath the lower steps, the ranger held her breath and focused her hearing to ignore the thunderous heartbeat within her chest, hoping to make out each and every word that the men were speaking to each other.

“I can't believe that Captain Raish Vandecken left a little girl to take his place,” one of the guards spoke up with an agitated tone. “I mean, heck, I could do a better job as captain than Veranda Qual.” The ranger's eyes grew wide when she heard that name. So, the captain of the guard did indeed belong to one of the four bloodlines housed within the shrine; worse yet, she was a descendent of Sailove the Vampire. This bitter news sent a cold shiver down the woman's spine, for until this moment she had begun to hope that the captain would have been on the side of good, a person of virtue dedicated to stopping such evil from ever returning to plague the land. Then again, only one of that accursed bloodline could know just how heavy such doom would lay upon the land; perhaps there was still hope, indeed, that Veranda had sought to keep the artifact from foul hands. Before she could focus her thoughts any further on the matter, however, the other guard soon replied to the first. “Leaving a girl to do a man's job is just despicable. Don't worry, though; her time will come before too long.” Gritting her teeth so hard that it hurt, the ranger had to call upon every last ounce of her will to stay her hand less she take the heads of these so called men as they walked into her view, laughing heartily.

“Wait a minute… did you hear that…?” asked the first guard to his companion, both their merriment and their movement stopping suddenly. A momentary sense of fear struck the young woman's heart as she could feel their eyes upon her as they more closely examined their surroundings. Had she been found out? Was it the unintentional heaviness of her breathing, or the earth-shattering noise of her heartbeat? Would they unsheathe their blades and pierce her reckless body, or take her for their own and inflict upon her a pain far worse than death? No. More than likely this was her chance to show these braggarts the strength of a woman, to let them know that even the fairer sex was no stranger to the art of killing. With her fingers gently rapping against the hilt of the unusual greatsword she had found she glared hard into their eyes, ready to pounce upon them… but, once more, her conscience held her back. True, the guards glanced upon the shadows beneath the stairwell and saw exactly that; nothing but shadows. “I don't hear anything,” the second guard confessed. “Who would be dumb enough to attack or infiltrate a castle? Plus, nothing ever happens around here, anyways.” “I guess you're right,” his friend replied with a chuckle. “After all, we took these jobs so we wouldn't have to do any real work after all.”

Much to her chagrin the ranger let the two men walk with their supposed confidence up the stairs above her, although she had to admit what they said hadn't left her spirit unsullied. She would not argue that what she was doing here was the very height of foolishness, but was that not the fun of it? Climbing out of the shadows she shook the anger and hatred from her young, headstrong mind. They doubt the abilities of their captain yet confess that they took the job because they are lazy? Had they never seen their captain in action as she had done? For all of her assurances, however, fear soon enveloped her. Just what did the other mean by, “her time will come before long?” Was the captain prey for more than just the ranger? Whatever the case may be, simply standing around and thinking about it would serve her no good; time was running out, and the captain, whether she was the thief or not, was still out there. She knew she had to find her before anyone else did.

And, with any luck, she might just shake things up for those two so sure in their superiority.



GAME: Den makes a Perception check to fully explore her surroundings and find the most logical route to take, then makes two move-action Stealth checks to move up to twenty feet as quietly as she can.

Perception: 1d20(12) + 8 = 20
Stealth I: 1d20(1) + 6 = 7
Stealth II: 1d20(14) + 6 = 20



URNOTE


KidakRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  August 23, 2011 12:46 AM | Post #89
Member




Reptar looks around the history section to find anything on the subject that he came here to look for.

Perception 13+3=16




ReverendRe: Pathfinder: Locair (3rd Level)
  September 7, 2011 1:24 AM | Post #90
Goblin King




Both ways looked about the same with torches lighting either way. Den moves forward toward the direction that the guards came form. Almost stepping on a mouse with the last step of the 20 feet. Down by where the mouse was Den spots a copper key with the letters CVQ on it.


Reptar finds 3 books which may or may not hold the information he seeks.
Archive of Ancient Artifacts
Tale of 4 Heros
The horror of Sailove Qual

He also finds a random misplaced book; The Secrets of Culinary Excellence.



Don't blame me for what my minions have done. Blame yourself for being the target.


 Page 12345678910 


Bulletin Board © 2010-2018 RJM Whittaker, Schadenfreude Studios
Original BBCode Parser © 2004-2018 Christian Seiler
Original BBCode Button System © 2005-2018 Jonathan Street

JavaScript must be enambled inorder to utilize the BBCode buttons
This forum uses cookies